Timothy Hill Christian Camp is committed to growing christian leaders so we offer a fun-filled counselor-in-training (CIT) program for high school students who are interested in learning more about leadership, working with kids and becoming camp counselors.
Our CIT's are divided into two groups: CIT 1 is for younger CIT's who are new to leadership. CIT 1 is a great place to practice basic leaderships skills, learn to serve others before yourself, focus on camper's needs and learn to set-up and take down activites. CIT 2 is for older CIT's who have already completed our CIT 1 program or equivalent. CIT 2's are on their way to becoming full counselors and we focus on more in-depth training, leadership skills and responsibility.
What will I do?
Counselors-in-training do a little bit of everything at camp because we want to train you to be an awesome counselor! Your day will include:
- Attending training sessions to learn more about yourself, your goals, leadership, growing in your faith and becoming a great counselor
- Facilitating discussion groups with your mentor leader
- Participating in and leading group devotions
- Learning to be servant-hearted as you serve kids to have an awesome, meaningful time at camp
- Helping plan and run activities and games
- Having tons of fun playing games, activities and being in sessions with kids
- Sleeping in the cabin with your group of campers and your mentor leader
- Helping with meal preparation and kitchen clean up.
A full week of camp as a counselor-in-training for only $275! Cost includes all meals and snacks, accommodation, training and games!
- Be a follower of Jesus Christ
- Minimum age: 14+
- Have interest in learning about leadership and kids
- Be reliable and responsible
- Provide a written reference from a pastor or youth pastor
If you have already been a CIT, there is not need to apply again or send another reference. Simply have your parents enroll you today!
If you are new to THCC's CIT program, fill in the application form here and send in a written reference from a pastor, youth leader or other non-family member.